As a Social Media Speaker, I believe I’m creative and that I can think outside of the box. However, the Women’s Council of REALTORS® decided to put me to a test. Olivia Peterson pitched an idea to me for WCR. I gladly accepted but with mental reservations. WCR wanted me to conduct four 27-minute sessions where 170 people would rotate rooms, and I had to develop an interactive networking activity where no WiFi could be used to facilitate a referral. I must say that was a big order to request from someone who mentally breaks down without WiFi.
- Complete the Referral Agreement Receiving Agent (Only)
- Take a picture of each form separately
- Meet three new members and ask them for their business card
- Text each new member you meet your Receiving Agent pre-populated form
- Ask that member to send you a referral and tell them how you will service their customer. Keep it short!
- Every time you receive a text from a Receiving Agent, respond to that text by texting back your Receiving Agent form and tell the other agent you look forward to a reciprocal relationship.
- Take a selfie with 3-4 WCR members (including yourself). Everyone should have one selfie photo on their device.
- Collect at least one of the following from each person in the photo:
- Twitter handle: @MarkiLemons
- Instagram username: @MarkiLemons
- Facebook name: Marki.Lemons
- Tag each person in your selfie photo when you have WiFi access. To tag a person place the “@” before their name.
The results were outstanding! WCR Really Does Rock.