1. DON’T forget to have a plan. Make sure to download the event app, NAR Annual. It will help you navigate your way around the conference as you’ll have dozens of choices to make on what to attend and when. Input your favorite to your calendar directly from the event planner for easy access to the highlights. Make sure you do this before you leave on your trip. It will help you be more organized and less stressed.
2. DON’T go to everything. Pace yourself. Pick and choose which event, educational session, and networking opportunity is your best fit. You can’t see it all, and frankly you would be overwhelmed with too much stimulation. Remember, audio recordings of most conference sessions are available online after the event.
3. DON’T overlook those most import three words: Network, Network, Network. It is one of the most important reasons to attend the conference. It provides you with the opportunity to meet new people and connect with friends and colleagues.
4. DON’T forget to attend the keynote speaker. This year Emmitt Smith, a three time Super Bowl Champion with the Dallas Cowboys, the NFL’s all-time leading rusher, and Dancing with the Stars champion, takes the stage. One interesting side note is that he is a CCIM.
5. DON’T forget to roam the Expo Hall. The expo is the largest trade show floor in real estate, where 400 exhibitors will be on-hand with innovations and ideas. This is the perfect place to see new products that can help increase your sales and discover a new innovation that could help revolutionize your business. You can also to speak directly to vendors and usually they will waive certain fees or offer you additional discounts for signing up at the conference.
6. DON’T limit yourself to sessions related your area of expertise or skill set. This is a perfect opportunity to research a topic that you don’t know much about. You might surprise yourself learn a new skill, find a new interest or discover a new technology that you never knew about.
7. DON’T forget to wear the correct clothing. The weather will be in the mid 60’s to 70’s. Plan on bringing clothes that you can feel comfortable in, but a jacket still might be required as sometimes conference rooms can get a little chilly with the air conditioning running. Wear comfortable shoes as the conference is spread between the Convention Center and adjoining conference hotels.
8. DON’T miss the REALTORS® Celebrity Concert starring John Legend plus REALTORS® Got Talent Season Six. Legend is best known for hits like All of Me, Tonight (Best You Ever Had), Ordinary People, and many more. Just prior to the concert, cheer on your talented colleagues in the REALTORS® Got Talent show. REALTORS® from all over the nation will perform and you, the audience, will vote for the winner by texting.
9. DON’T stay inside your hotel or the Convention Center. Make sure you explore San Diego. With its great weather, 70 miles of sandy beaches and popular attractions including the world-famous San Diego Zoo and LEGOLAND California, it’s no wonder REALTORS from all every walk of life are attending #NARAnnual. http://meetmeinsandiego.com/realtors
10. DON’T miss the Board of Directors meeting. Now is your chance to see first had what happens at the National Association of REALTORS® meeting. REALTORS® from all over the country are represented. It is very insightful to look at the bigger picture of the year ahead.