In this day and age, you need to be able to stand-out from the competition. Knowing about green topics will help you do just that. One of the best kept secrets at NAR Annual every year are the plethora of green events. While some are invite only, some are open to anyone and you should definitely make room on your conference schedule to attend some or all this year in San Diego. Don’t miss this year’s line up of sustainable speakers from an industry segment that is constantly evolving.
1. Selling When Green Doesn’t Mean Go 11/13/2015, from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Location: San Diego Convention Center, Room 7B, Presenters: Amanda Stinton, Craig Foley
Getting consumers to buy into performance can be a challenge. Get the latest messaging data, paired with experienced advice, to help turn doubters into devotees! Identify where the lexicon of the green building community fails to engage non-industry professionals; explore data/anecdotes suggesting better ways to engage customers on these topics; and develop new approaches to talk about performance and sustainability to customers, helping them understand the value proposition and begin demanding green homes.
2. Ninja Selling, Green-Up Your Value 11/14/2015, 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM, Location: San Diego Convention Center, Room 23A, Presenter: James Welch-Mitchell
Differentiate your business from others by including home efficiency in your service offerings to clients. Discover your local home efficiency programs, necessary strategic partners, rebates/incentives and how to connect those dots with clients. Plus, you will walk away with a tool that you can use to show buyers the triple bottom line impact when home efficiency is completed.
3. How Green Features Impact Value and Marketability: Real Property Valuation Forum 11/14/2015, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM, Location: San Diego Convention Center, Room 26A, Presenters: Candace Cooke, Craig Foley, Shelley Specchio, and Laura Reedy Stukel
Discover how to assess and convey the value added by green features; learn about the greening of the MLS; and understand the benefits of sustainable homes.
4. Green Homes to the Rescue: Helping Lenders and Agents 11/15/2015, 11 AM – 12:30 PM, Location: San Diego Convention Center, Room 26A, Presenter: John Shipman
Utilizing a detailed case study, the panel shows how an energy-efficient mortgage, along with a certified green label, provide the necessary components to successfully market a home’s green features on the MLS. Uncover the programs and professional resources available, and become the source for your sellers and buyers as you demonstrate how effective a greening strategy can be when it comes to increasing everyone’s bottom line.
5. Green Pavilion Events at the convention center every 20 min from 11/14/15 from 11AM -12 PM and 11/15/15 from 1 PM – 2 PM, Various presenters.